Cleaning Solar Panels: the Proper Way to Do ItBOOK ONLINE BOOK ONLINE
Cleaning Solar Panels: the Proper Way to Do It
In order to effectively generate electricity, your solar system needs to be exposed to direct sunlight. While solar panels generally don’t require that much maintenance, they will still need a little bit of cleaning every once in a while if you wish to ensure optimal efficiency from your system.
To help you maintain your solar system properly, the leading pros for solar panel installation in Rancho Bernardo have prepared a brief guide on cleaning solar panels. Keep on reading to learn how to keep your solar panels free from dirt and debris!
Do I need to clean my solar panels?
Most of the time, you won’t have to worry too much about your solar panels getting dirty. This is because occasional rainfall would typically wash away any dust and debris that may decrease the efficiency of your solar system. However, it is definitely a good idea to clean your solar panels every once in a while, especially if you live in a dry and dusty area.
While cleaning solar panels is not a complex procedure, you should keep in mind that you wouldn’t be able to use your solar system during maintenance. Because of this, you should consider having professional technicians take care of the cleaning efficiently and expertly, making sure that your system is up and running as soon as possible.
What is the best way to clean my solar panels?
Before cleaning your solar panels, make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions for turning off your solar system to prevent any safety risks. Once your panels are disconnected, use these tips for effective cleaning:
- Use a soft-bristle brush to shake any accumulated dust and dirt loose. For your safety, don’t try to climb the roof but use a brush with an extended handle.
- Use a garden hose with a nozzle attachment to wash your solar panels. Better yet, you can purchase a nozzle with a soap attachment and spray the panels with soapy water first.
- Don’t use abrasive products to avoid damaging the panels. Instead, use only soft squeegees and brushes.
- Clean your solar panels during the evening or early morning when they aren’t as hot. If there’s too much sun, it may dry off the panels too fast, leaving behind smudges.
- Never clean the panels with metal objects to avoid scratching and damaging your panels.
- Try to avoid using tap water as it typically has a high mineral content. If you can’t use de-ionized or distilled water, you can purchase a water-softening attachment for your hose.
Can you use vinegar to clean solar panels?
Yes! In fact, natural cleaning products such as vinegar are great for cleaning glass solar panels. Mix some non-abrasive detergent or soap (½ teaspoon) with some water (2 cups) and vinegar (¼ cup) to make a gentle but highly effective solution for your panels. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and use it to rid your solar panels from dust and dirt.
We’re your go-to solar panel installation in Rancho Bernardo
Relying on solar panels to power your home or business is a great way to cut down on your energy bills and help protect the environment. However, if you wish to get the most out of your solar system, you should have reliable solar panel technicians at your service.
With help from dependable solar panel installers at Action Solar, you’ll be free to unwind at San Dieguito River Park knowing that your solar system is always in tip-top shape. Don’t hesitate to contact us for all your solar system questions and concerns!BOOK ONLINE BOOK ONLINE
For All Things Solar
Schedule an appointment today for affordable and professional service!BOOK ONLINE BOOK ONLINE
“Complete HVAC system install was done – very professional and clean workmanship. The techs were very communicative during the whole process. I am very pleased with the results . Thanks Action and your team for doing it right the 1st time.”
-John M., Google ReviewBOOK ONLINE BOOK ONLINE