In the last few decades, the use of solar energy has dramatically increased and become mainstream. Solar power provides multiple benefits and the cost of panel installation has been steadily dropping. However, there are still only about 4% of American homes that use solar energy. With the many emerging developments in the field, the chances are these numbers will soar in the foreseeable future.
Read on to discover the most exciting new trends in the field of solar power. Judging by how many benefits they could bring, the best way to upgrade your home in Rancho Santa Fe is to schedule a solar installation service.
Is solar panel technology improving?
Yes, solar panel technology is constantly reaching new milestones thanks to the efforts of specialists working in the field. These breakthroughs will very likely lead to the increase in solar energy use in the decades to come. It has been estimated that, by 2030, it will be the most important energy source for the production of electricity across the globe. The urgency of switching to this renewable energy is especially apparent if you consider the detrimental effects of using traditional energy sources.
What emerging technologies will improve solar energy?
New and improved technologies will grant people easier access to solar energy and enhance the efficiency of panel systems. There are multiple new areas of research that are developing at breakneck speed, such as:
- Building Integrated Photovoltaics, which makes it possible to incorporate solar panels into the very core of a building. This technology can be a part of different architectural features and it’s used directly in the construction process. Buildings constructed with BIPV have an unlimited energy supply, fewer maintenance issues as well as better noise and thermal insulation. The use of solar energy could increase manifold thanks to BIPV.
- Floating Photovoltaic Solar Systems are solar panels mounted on a base that is floating on a body of water. They offer many advantages, including the fact that they produce a huge amount of power without occupying any land. They’re also easy to install and cool.
- Solar-powered LEDs, which are highly flexible and can fit a wide variety of locations and uses. They’re effortless to install compared to more conventional options and hugely beneficial due to their sustainability and lower prices.
- Thin film solar cells, which have a wide range of applications. For example, they can be mounted on many different structures, such as domes. In addition, they are able to harness more of the sun’s energy than conventional solar panels do.
- Photovoltaic noise barriers, which are used to decrease noise and air pollution on highways. They help the surrounding neighborhoods maintain peace and quiet while also producing a high energy output.
Where in Rancho Santa Fe can I find a dependable solar installation service?
Would you like to take advantage of the revolutionary, cost-effective solar-powered solutions? Action Solar provides you with expertise-based solar installation in Rancho Santa Fe, La Jolla, Carlsbad, and other locations across San Diego and Riverside County. Explore the Osuna Ranch and spend a lovely day out with your family without worrying about subpar energy efficiency and high electricity bills.
If you need ongoing maintenance of your solar panels, our certified technicians can do it on a regular schedule. In case the productivity of your system is affected, we’ll precisely identify the source of the issue and resolve it. For example, our team can bird-proof the panels to minimize the chances of damage. Contact us today to receive your free quote and fast-forward to the future of energy efficiency!