For many homeowners, solar panel systems are attractive because of the gained energy independence and long-term savings they are said to bring. But how much can you save with a solar system exactly?
The benefits of solar panels are numerous. Not only do solar panels increase the value of your California home, but they can also significantly reduce your energy bill. With high-quality solar installation Del Mar depends on, you can experience all of the perks that using solar energy entails.
Read on to find out how you can save from installing solar panels for your home!
Do you really save money with solar panels?
Sure, you’ve heard that using solar energy can bring great savings, but is it really true? To put it simply, yes, solar panels can really help you save money in the long run. Here’s how:
- They protect you from rising electricity costs. By gaining energy independence, you won’t have to be too bothered with electricity cost increases.
- You will use less electricity from the grid. Since you’ll be generating your own power, you won’t rely on the grid as much as before.
- You’ll be able to feed excess power to the grid. When you use solar panels, you can feed in any excess power back to the grid and offset your energy bill. The rebate you will get will depend on the feed-in tariff your retailer offers.
- You can store your power. Solar storage options keep getting better, meaning that you can effectively store power generated while you’re away relaxing at Torrey Pines and use it during peak hours when electricity rates tend to be higher.
Why are solar panels a good investment?
If you’re on the fence about going solar, you probably want to know whether solar panels would be a good investment in the long term. Here are some ways that you can benefit from using solar panels:
- They increase the value of your home. According to Berkeley Lab, a home with a solar system installed can be worth $17,000 more than a regular home, meaning that you’ll get a nice amount of money back if you decide to sell.
- They reduce your energy bills. If your solar system produces enough energy for your needs, you won’t have to rely on the grid, meaning that your power bill will be significantly lower.
- They come with great incentives. If you decide to go solar, you’ll be eligible for a number of government incentives, including the solar investment tax credit you can take advantage of until 2020 and cut 30% from your installation costs.
- They help save the planet. In addition to all the financial benefits, solar panels are also great because they use clean energy and help reduce your carbon footprint, enabling you to help protect the environment.
Can solar panels eliminate electric bill?
Going solar can greatly reduce your electricity bill and even eliminate it in some cases. How much you can save with solar panels will depend on a couple of factors, including your energy consumption, the output of your system, as well as the electricity rates in your area.
The higher the electricity costs in your state, the higher your savings will be. When you consider that electricity rates only keep increasing, you can expect your savings to grow in the future. In addition, relying on solar panels can help you make your electricity costs more predictable, allowing you to manage your budget more easily.
Hire the #1 solar installation Del Mar has to offer and save big
All things considered, getting solar panels for your home is definitely worth the investment. However, if you want to reap all the benefits of going solar, you will have to look for a reputable solar company that will make sure you get the best out of your solar experience.
You’ll find no better solar installation experts than the pros at Action Solar! Let us install your solar system with precision and skill, ensuring it brings you maximum benefits in the years to come. What’s more, we can also tell you all you need to know about solar power, whether you want to know if going solar is mandatory in California and whether you should service your solar panels. Give us a call today!