If you want to purchase powerful, efficient and durable solar panels in San Diego and solar panels in Southern Riverside County, look no further! Action Solar Installers of San Diego is your go-to solar energy company for solar in Mira Mesa, solar in Encinitas, and other cities in San Diego metro area. Are you a home or business owner? Not an issue. We have you covered. We can help you with all your solar energy needs and provide highest-quality commercial and residential solar panel installation for industries, companies and properties of all sizes. Reach out to Action Air and make the most out of the abundance of sunlight!
As the leading solar energy professionals in San Diego, we work with the most reputable manufacturers in the industry. At Action Air, we offer a vast range of premier solar panels boasting superior performance and five-star quality. And they all come with warranty support! Tell us your solar needs and get exceptional solar energy solutions from the most reliable solar panel installers in San Diego! All you need to do is call Action Air Conditioning, Heating and schedule your no-cost on-site solar evaluation!
Reliable & Top-quality Solar Panels in San Diego – Brands
Action AC carries top-of-the-line, high-performance solar panels in San Diego, from the top manufacturers on the market, such as:
- Canadian Solar – As one of the leading and the most popular solar manufacturers worldwide, Canadian Solar offers high-quality solar power systems, solar modules and PV cells.
- Lumos – Well-known for their aesthetic, functional and unique solar solutions, Lumos Solar takes pride in the best looking solar panels on the market. They are a popular choice for San Diego residents, who appreciate their frameless design and one-of-a-kind modern appeal.
- Lennox – The industry-exclusive SunSource® home energy system from Lennox is a revolutionary advancement in air conditioning technology. This breakthrough allows you not only to power the appliances in your home, but also to use solar energy for heating and cooling.
- Phono Solar – This is one of the world’s top renewable energy manufacturers and a well trusted brand based in Switzerland. Phono Solar has become synonymous with first-rate, highly efficient solar panels that are perfect for both commercial and residential properties. Compliant with stringent European standards, Phono Solar panels are one of the company’s flagship products, and for a good reason. You get Swiss engineering, remarkable performance and great value at great prices! And don’t forget the warranty support.
Contact Action Air Conditioning, Heating & Solar online or call us at 888-706-2904 to discover more!
We will tell you all about the solar panel brands San Diego residents rely on and buy at Action Air.
What You Should Know Before Purchasing Solar Panels in San Diego
Though installing a solar energy system is an exciting experience, choosing solar panels that match your needs and preferences is not a simple task. To make the decision-making process easier, we have prepared a few guidelines on what to look for and how to decide on your best fit.
- Length of manufacturer’s warranty – Renowned solar panel manufacturers usually offer 20- to 30-year warranties. However, make sure to verify the length of the warranty before making the purchase. Your solar panels should come with at least a 20-year warranty.
- Renowned solar panel manufacturer – Do your research and choose a solar panel manufacturer that you can rely on to provide you with the five-star product tailored to meet your solar needs. After all, for a warranty to be honored, the manufacturer needs to stay in business 20 and 30 years from now. So be cautious of brands that don’t have a substantial financial standing.
- Expert solar panel installation service – The only way you’ll get exceptional and reliable solar panel installation is if you hire the company in San Diego, CA that is trustworthy and experienced. Even the highest quality solar panels cannot deliver the desired stellar performance if they are mis-sized or improperly sized. Don’t risk a considerable investment and put yourself, your family or your employees in a potential fire hazard situation. Secure your San Diego home or workplace and go solar with a reputable company that has a proven track record of success.
- The aesthetics – It’s not all about the performance. San Diego homeowners highly appreciate solar panels that are beautifully designed, as well. Don’t underestimate the aesthetic appeal of the solar panels you want to buy and install on your property. You can choose from black and blue solar panels, modules with silver, black framing or with no framing at all! The efficiency and price may differ depending on the manufacturer and color so be sure to check the specifics of the products before you make up your mind.
Want to know more about solar panel and the installation process? Contact Action Air Conditioning, Heating & Solar and our solar energy specialists will answer any questions you may have, guide you through the installation process and give you further information and advice about solar power and its application. Our team of experts will make sure that your solar panels are installed and connected to the grid in the most reliable, efficient and professional way. Have peace of mind with #1 solar company in San Diego by your side!
No-cost On-site Solar Evaluation in San Diego & Southern Riverside County
In case you are looking for the best solar panel installation in San Diego and other communities in the Southern Riverside County, Action Solar Installers of San Diego is the one you should call – today! For solar in Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos, Escondido and other cities in San Diego and Southern Riverside Counties, we’ve got you covered! Our trained, knowledgeable and experienced solar experts are at your service. We will conduct a comprehensive inspection, analysis and evaluation of your property’s energy potential and provide you with a free quote for your solar energy system.
Contact Action Air so that we can get started – today! Just fill out our contact form on the website or call 888-706-2904! Whatever your solar needs are, rest assured we’ve got you covered!
The State Of Solar Rebates in California 2019
If you are living in California and looking to go solar, you’re in luck! During 2018 the California Energy Commission passed a new bill that requires all new homes to be built with solar panels installed. This law will be in effect starting 2020. That said, the goal of the state is to have San Diego become a carbon-free energy state by the year of 2045.
How Do Solar Rebates Work?
While you cannot expect to get free solar panels from the government, solar rebates go a long way in helping you minimize the cost of buying and installing solar panels. Solar rebates are offered by utility companies as it is a mutually-beneficial investment.
In order to circumvent the fees incurred by not generating the RPS-mandated renewable energy output, utility companies help homeowners with their solar panel purchase. This is a significantly cheaper option for utility companies.
There are two different types of solar rebates:
- Rebates which reduce the up-front cost of solar installation
- Lump-sum rebates homeowners get after going solar
Unfortunately, a lot of the original rebates were used up, and very few big utility companies have active rebate programs. However, there are several municipal companies offering solar rebates.
Fortunately, the best solar companies will help you navigate the confusing sea of rebates and offer a program that works best for your financial situation.
Low income applicants are still eligible for the solar rebate under The California Solar Initiative with the following companies:
- PG&E – Pacific Gas and Electric
- SCE – Southern California Edison
- SDG&E – San Diego Gas & Electric
Different Ways You Can Pay For Solar Panel installation in California
An average home in California requires over 6500 KWh annually. With an average price of electricity around $0.19 per kilowatt-hour, your annual bill would be around $1250. However, places like San Diego or Bay Area are more expensive, with the average price closer to the $0.30, you will need close to $2000 dollars every year.
If you want to produce this amount of energy, you’d need a 5.2 kW system made up of 16 panels. Naturally, while the up-front price may be high, you are going to see a return on the investment over time.
There are a couple of solar power payment options in California:
- Cash payment
- Getting a Loan To Cover Solar Costs
- Using the Power Purchase Agreement to Buy the Power, Not Panels
1. Cash Payment
If you have the required amount in cash or cannot get a new credit, this is the best option to go solar. The reason for this is that you will be the sole owner of the system and won’t have to worry about recurring monthly loan repayments. Furthermore, you’ll quickly generate enough to make up for the initial cost in as much as seven years, leaving you with a little under twenty years of making profit.
2. Getting a Loan To Cover Solar Costs
If you have a good credit score or a solid income you can get a federal solar credit that will cover 30% of the solar costs. The cost of covering the loan will never surpass the amount you save on the electrical bill, leaving your cash flow positive. This makes a solar loan the best solar payment option.
3. Using the Power Purchase Agreement to Buy the Power, Not Panels
Finally, a Power Purchase Agreement means that you will only be buying the electricity, not the actual panels. A solar company will install the panels and let you buy the electricity off at a price significantly lower than your current rate.
Solar Panel Installation and Inspection
The solar panel installation process varies from company to company, but involves a similar procedure. The first step is the installation process which is usually done in a day and can take as long as eight hours (except if the roof structure is complicated).
After the initial survey, the company will set up the equipment and start working on installing your solar panels. The first step invlolves detecting the solar panel mount points. The solar company will then install the mounts and attach the solar panels and racks to your roof.
The electrician in the crew will then connect the inverters, panels and the main AC panel. After the system is in place, connecting it to the grid will require an initial inspection first. The installation company will take a couple of days or weeks to finish the inspection.
Solar Panel Operation, Maintenance and Repair
Once everything is in place, your solar system will be online and working. From there on, in terms of operation you won’t have to worry too much about them. Some homeowners periodically check the software that monitors their operation to make sure energy production is in order. Once you’re sure the solar panels are performing as advertised, you’ll be able to rest and enjoy your cheap energy. For a while.
As with any piece of technology, solar panels require maintenance and may stop working. However, the maintenance needs are minimal and the chance of solar panels breaking down are slim.
Here are the most common questions homeowners have about their solar panels, answered:
- What does solar panel mainenance entail?
- How to detect an issue with the solar panels?
- What to do if solar panels malfunction?
What does solar panel maintenance entail?
Fortunately for many homeowners, solar panel maintenance is a very light task as they require very little touching-up in order to work properly. These panels are designed and installed in a way that allows them to withstand moderate to severe weather conditions such as heavy rains, snow, hail and strong winds. Furthermore, in most cases, solar panels have a 25-year warranty.
You will need to rinse and clean solar panels at least once a year and ideally bi-annually in oder to remove any grime or dirt that might be obstructing their surface. You can do this simply by using a garden hose or hire a professional company to handle it. Find out more about solar manufacturers here.
How to detect an issue with the solar panels?
There are rare cases when a part of the solar system malfunctions. This can affect a single or multiple components of the system. Firt thing you should check is whether the panels are producing and delivering panel to the net meter and the inverter.
Inverters usually feature an LED board with numbers that show the solar power production stats. Systems relying on a central inverter are prone to malfunction, as the inverter has to be replaced once every 10 to 15 years.
Depending on the installation, you may have received a monitoring software for your solar system. This can be connected to the system or accessed through the Internet. This system will show if there are any issues and which panel is not performing efficiently.
What to do if solar panels malfunction after installation?
If you chose a respectable company to perform the solar panel installation, you will have received multipe warranties protecting your from roof damage, manufacturing defects and solar energy production guarantee.
If this happens, make sure to contact your solar panel installation company first and alert them of the issue. The experienced solar professionals will take it from there and your panels will be back at full capacity in no time.