Switching to solar energy is a big step for many homeowners, bringing a myriad of considerations. One of the first questions that you might have when considering going solar is whether photovoltaic systems can power your home. With the help of the best solar panel installers in Santee, CA, you can choose an appropriate PV system and meet all of your electricity needs.
There’s no doubt that solar energy is beneficial to your entire community, but first, you need to decide on the right size of a solar system for your home and research the available options. There are numerous reasons to buy a PV system that will quickly persuade you that this is a profitable move.
What are the components of a photovoltaic system?
Photovoltaic (PV) systems are one of the most commonly used solar technologies for both residential and commercial purposes. Since more and more homeowners and business owners are deciding to switch to solar energy, these systems have become more affordable.
Learning more about PV systems will help gain a deeper understanding of how solar energy actually works. It can also be helpful in determining the size that will be most appropriate for your home.
The components of a PV system
PV solar systems are modular in nature, so you can easily adjust them even after they’ve been installed. If you ever decide to add or remove power capacity, you can easily do this with the assistance of experienced installers. Of course, this level of flexibility is one of the main perks that homeowners greatly appreciate.
The main solar system components include:
- Solar cells
- Solar panels
- Electrical connections
- Mounting and grounding equipment
- Power inverter
- Output power lines
- Charge controller
- Equipment for power processing
- Electrical meter
- Devices for surge and overcurrent protection
For additional information, you can browse through the Department of Energy PV technology basics section. Also, you can always discuss PV systems in detail with your trusted provider.
How long do photovoltaic (PV) systems last?
Having a solar system installed is a major home improvement project, but it can provide homeowners with long-lasting benefits. Another important aspect that you should consider when going solar is the durability of your PV system.
Undoubtedly, this is a long-term investment that can last for years to come. Your PV system can even last up to 30 years, providing you with great perks along the way. However, how long your PV system will actually last depends on several different factors:
- Installation. The very installation process is crucial for the durability of a PV system. If a system isn’t properly installed, it won’t provide you with optimal performance and it can start showing signs of malfunction.
- Experience of the installers. Only the most experienced installers and technicians should handle your PV system installation. This will minimize the risk of poor installation or damage.
- Quality. You need to make sure that your preferred PV system is of the highest quality. You can do this by contacting licensed and reliable providers in Santee.
- Maintenance. Finally, proper maintenance and regular inspection will also contribute to the PV system durability. Of course, your chosen company will provide you with guidelines and advice on maintenance, as well as dependable maintenance services.
Rely on our solar panel installer experts in Santee, CA
Action Solar is here to meet your solar energy needs. Not only are our installers the best technicians in the area, with years of experience, but we also offer customized solar solutions, ensuring that they suit your home.
You don’t even have to waste time because we guarantee efficient installation that meets the highest standards. Once we’re done, you can explore Cowles Mountain with your friends and family, knowing that your solar needs have been accommodated. Schedule a consultation today!