Due to the ever growing concern for the environment and the exorbitant oil prices, many business owners are looking for ways to move towards more renewable sources of power. With solar energy being the most popular and sustainable choice, many are considering using photovoltaic systems to power their businesses.
Since a PV system is versatile and can be incorporated into virtually any commercial building, it’s definitely a great choice for any business owner who wants to reduce their energy bills and protect the environment. Once you learn about the multitude of benefits a PV system can bring, count on the leading solar panel installation in Santee, CA to help you make the most of your energy-efficient improvements.
Who benefits from solar energy?
Conscious of the finite nature of fossil fuels and the detrimental effects humanity has had on the environment, the number of people who understand the importance of switching to renewable energy sources is constantly on the rise. Once you add the financial and practical perks to the equation, it’s easy to see why going solar is beneficial for both home and business owners.
Benefits for homeowners
Becoming more self-sufficient by tapping into solar energy enables homeowners to reduce their energy consumption, as well as their carbon footprint, while increasing their savings in the long run.
What’s more, the process of switching to a green solution for residential use is much easier today than it was a decade ago, with reliable solar energy consultants, excellent federal income tax credits, and state incentives making it both more convenient and affordable.
Benefits for business owners
Going solar makes great sense for any business owner who wants to become more environmentally responsible and efficient in their use of energy. Here’s how a business can benefit from utilizing PV systems:
- Gain energy independence: using solar power enables business owners to eliminate their exposure to increases in electricity rates by relying on a sustainable and predictable energy source which reduces the carbon footprint of their businesses.
- Boost your reputation: going solar can be a great marketing tool, enhancing the reputation and marketing appeal of a business to environmentally responsible customers.
- Cut down your energy expenses: investing in solar power systems gives business owners greater control over their energy consumption, allowing them to decrease the operating costs by reducing or even eliminating their electricity bills.
Benefits for the environment and the general public
Using clean solar energy enables individuals and companies to help save the environment by:
- Reducing their dependence on fossil fuels and curbing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Improving public health by reducing both water and air pollution caused by coal and natural gas plants.
- Generating local wealth by continuously creating jobs in clean energy.
Can solar panels save you money?
Although installing solar panels requires a substantial initial investment, using solar energy can save significant amounts of money in the long run, even for small businesses. Once the initial costs are paid off, your business can reap the following benefits of going solar:
- Energy savings: as already mentioned, using renewable energy sources allows businesses to significantly reduce their overall energy costs. By not using as much electricity from the grid, you will gain energy independence and avoid fluctuations in electricity prices.
- Free electric supply in the long run: since the lifetime of a PV system is 25-30 years and the time needed to pay off the initial investment usually ranges from 3 to 7 years, businesses can enjoy free electric supply for a long period of time.
- Federal tax credits: business owners who decide to install solar systems receive a 30% solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC).
- State rebates: many states also offer rebates for residential and commercial solar systems which can further reduce your initial costs. In some states, you can also earn Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) for the electricity your system produces and sell them to utilities.
All of these federal and state incentives serve to encourage the expansion of solar energy use in residential and commercial properties and make it more accessible and affordable for homeowners and business owners. This is why you can both significantly reduce the initial costs of installing a solar panel system and take advantage of the long-term savings.
Second-to-none solar panel installation experts Santee, CA relies on
Using solar energy benefits everyone: your business, general public and the environment. If you’re thinking of purchasing a PV system, Action Solar will help you assess what size of solar system will suit your needs and exactly how you can benefit from utilizing solar energy. Rely on our expert technicians to provide you with the finest solar panel installation services in Santee, CA while you take some time to relax and explore Kumeyaay Lake. Take control of your energy consumption and run your business smarter with Action Solar. Contact us today!